Visiting a past recipe for an amazing muffin that is part muffin/part cupcake, but hey, no frosting, so you can say “healthy”! 😉
For allergy issues, be sure to only use safe brands of sunflower butter, such as SunButter Natural Sunflower Seed Spread. For the sunflower seeds, check out Trader Joe’s.
Sunbutter & Jam Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup SunButter Natural Sunflower Seed Spread
- 3 Tbsp Earth Balance buttery stick, diced (or unsalted butter)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage or rice milk, if allergies
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup strawberry preserves (jam)
- ¼ cup roasted sunflower seeds, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 400° and spray a 12 count muffin tin with baking spray (or line with muffin liners). Sift the flour through salt into a large mixing bowl. Add the sunflower butter and Earth Balance to the dry, work in with your fingers until it is a fine crumb.
Mix in the milk, maple syrup and vanilla and stir until just mixed.
Divide equally between the cups. Make a hole in the top of each muffin, add 1 tsp jam to each. Sprinkle the seeds on top.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool for a couple of minutes and then gently pop out and place on a cooling rack.
Makes 12 muffins.