I came up with this stirfry the other night when I was tired and wanted something easy but tasty.
Sarah’s Easy Stirfry
- 1½ cups uncooked white rice
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, cut into bite size florets
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp diced garlic (jarred is fine)
- 1 tsp diced ginger (jarred is fine)
- 12.5 ounce can chicken breast, drained
- 20 ounce can pineapple tidbits, drained (reserve juice)
- ½ cup reserved pineapple juice
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup lower sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan, add the rice, turn to low and cook tightly covered for 20 minutes.
In a large skillet or wok heat over medium-high, add the oil and cook the broccoli, red pepper and onion till crisp-tender. Add in the garlic and ginger, stir for a minute. Toss the chicken and pineapple in, het through.
Meanwhile whisk the sauce till smooth in a bowl, pour over the vegetables and toss till thickened.
Take off the heat, fluff up the rice and serve over the rice in bowls.
Serves 3 to 4.