We had these for lunch a few days back. I put the salad through my mini food chopper for a smooth-ish spread but it can be left chunky as desired.
Bright and Cheery Chicken Salad Sammies
- 12.5 ounce can chicken breast, drained
- 8 ounce can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 8 ounce water chestnuts, drained and chopped roughly
- 1-3 tsp mild curry powder (to taste)
- ¼ cup light mayo (used an olive oil based one)
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup pecans, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp shredded coconut
- Kaiser rolls
Mix everything through the cherries in a large mixing bowl. If desired pulse the salad in batches in a mini food chopper to make smoother. Stir in the pecans and coconut. Spread on rolls or bread of choice.
Makes 3 sandwiches.