Lets be real here – no matter what any health nut says, this won’t pass for “cookie dough” for 99% of the population. If it does….you need to live a little 😉 But it is good tasting, interesting and well…different. The toddler and I have enjoyed it. Did it pass the teenager test? Not so much. No loss since I like it!
Chickpea “Cookie Dough”
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas or 1 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter or favorite nut butter
- 2 Tbsp almond milk or favorite milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey or agave nectar or favorite sweetener
- 2 Tbsp Almond Meal or other nut meal (or natural shredded coconut)
- ¼ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
Pulse the chickpeas until crumbly in a food processor. Add the peanut butter, milk and vanilla, process until smooth. Add the honey and almond meal, process until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. If your nut butter is unsalted you may want to salt to taste with sea salt.
Chill for a couple of hours. Eat as is or dip apple slices in it.