Instant Pot Italian Tuna Pasta
- 2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 3 small zucchinis, quartered and sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 4 cups lower sodium broth, chicken or vegetable
- 2 14.5-ounce cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 5-ounce cans tuna, drained
- 16 ounces whole wheat rotini pasta
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
Turn your Instant Pot (We use an 8 quart model) onto “Saute”, then “more”. Add in oil and add onion, zucchini, and mushrooms. Cook, until tender, stirring often. Add in garlic, cook for another minute.
Turn off Instant Pot by pressing “cancel”.
Add in broth, tomatoes, tuna, basil, and pasta. Stir well.
Put on lid, make sure release vent is in right position. Press “manual” (“pressure cook”) and set for 4 minutes.
Once time is done, let naturally release for 5 minutes, then use the manual quick release to vent. Be careful, as it produces a lot of steam. Once the red valve goes down and isn’t venting, remove lid away from you.
Stir well, add in cheese and stir again. Serve immediately.
Serves 6 to 8.
Prepared one skillet style:
Heat a large skillet over medium, add oil and vegetables, saute until tender. Add garlic, cook for a minute more.
Add in remaining ingredients + an additional cup of broth (5 cups total), except for cheese. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-high, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
Take off heat, stir in cheese, and serve.