Yum! Clams n’ carbs – so much to love. Be sure to use the lesser of Parmesan cheese, the green can kind, as the sauce works due to its thickening powers.
White Clam Spaghetti
- 13.25 ounce package multigrain angel hair or spaghetti (or use 16 ounces regular)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced (6 cloves or jarred)
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 2 6-ounce cans minced clams
- 8 ounce bottle clam juice
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, green can type
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the pasta (break in half) and cook for time on package. Drain.
Meanwhile heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the oil, garlic and red pepper flakes, let cook for a minute or two, till sizzling and turning golden.
Add in the clams with the juice in the cans and the bottle of juice, parsley and pepper.
Turn up to high and bring to a quick boil. Turn to medium heat and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add in the butter, let melt and then the hot pasta, tossing to coat. The sauce will be very thin, turn to medium-low heat and add the cheese, tossing constantly to coat for a minute. Take off the heat and let for a couple of minutes, tossing periodically. As it sits the cheese and sauce will coat the pasta and thicken up.