This was a quick dinner to make – and while kind of trashy due to a few processed foods used was tasty. Sometimes I am OK with cheating! A momma has to do what she can!
Creamy Chicken and Spinach Rice
- ½ cup roasted red pepper Italian dressing
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 12.5 ounce can chicken breast, drained
- 3 cups lower sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces lower fat cream cheese
- 3 cups instant rice
- 6 ounce package fresh spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
In a large skillet over medium heat add the dressing and cook the onion in it till tender. Add the chicken, broth and cream cheese, bring to a boil. Add the rice, stir in and turn off the heat. Let sit for 10 minutes, take off the lid, add the spinach on top and cover, let sit for 5 minutes to wilt. Stir in the spinach and the Parmesan cheese.