A different version/take on an avocado sauce for pasta. I really liked this one and yes, it does need the cheese!
The photo isn’t great…sorry about that!
Creamy Avocado Pasta
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 medium lemons, juiced and 1 zested (about 6 Tbsp juice)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or 2 tsp minced jarred garlic
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 to 5 thick cut slices of bacon
- 13.25 ounces multigrain angel hair or spaghetti
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the pasta and cook for time on package.
Add the bacon to a large skillet, cook over medium heat until crispy, turning often. Take out and drain well on paper towels (blotting on top also). Crumble into small pieces
Cut the avocados in half, pit and scoop out the flesh into a food processor. Add the lemon juice, zest, garlic, oil and black pepper, process till smooth.
Drain the pasta, add it to a large mixing bowl, toss with the bacon and the sauce to combine. Add the cheese and toss again.
Serves 3 to 4
Note: Do not reheat the pasta as the avocado is very delicate.