Simply dressed, this pilaf is vegan friendly as well.
Lemon Dressed Quinoa Pilaf
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups lower sodium vegetable broth
- 14 ounce bag Ultimate Southwest Blend or similar bag frozen vegetables
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon zest (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar (or honey for non-vegan)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
Heat a large deep non-stick skillet over medium heat. Rinse and drain the quinoa and add it to the skillet, stirring until the quinoa dries and is smelling toasty. Add the vegetables and broth, bring to a boil. Cover tightly and turn to low, let cook for 20 minutes.
Whisk the oil, lemon juice and zest, agave and pepper together. Fluff up the quinoa and drizzle over it, stirring gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Serves 4 large main dish portions.