- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp roasted garlic (jarred)
- 6 small potatoes, chopped small (I used yellow, red or white also works)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 4 cups lower sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp dried Thyme
- ¼ tsp each kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium, add the onions and carrots, cook until turning golden. Add in the garlic, heat through and then add the potatoes, corn, broth, mil, Thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle boil, turn to medium-low and let cook for about 20 minutes, partly covered.
Using an immersion blender purée about half of the soup in the pot.
Whisk the flour in a small bowl with the remaining cold milk, slowly add to the soup and let cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in the dill weed and then add salt and pepper to taste.