I was in the mood again for soft tacos and made this as a quick dinner for us. The tacos were vegan, the rice was vegetarian.It isn’t a “gourmet” meal but it is tasty and filling!
Veggie and Black Bean Soft Tacos
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 14 ounce package frozen bell pepper strips
- 8 ounce package sliced button mushrooms
- 15 ounce can lower sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- Pico de Gallo for topping
- 8 small soft taco tortillas
Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the peppers and mushrooms, cook until tender crisp, add in the beans and heat through.
Serve on the tortillas with pico on top and salsa as desired.
- 2 cups lower sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can niblet corn, drained
- 2 cusp instant rice
- Cheese for topping, if desired
Bring the broth, salsa and corn to a boil in a medium saucepan, add in the rice, stir well and turn off the heat. Cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes, fluff up. Top as desired with grated Mexi-cheese or cheddar cheese.