I was in the mood for warm chickpeas over our salad and this hit the spot. I harvested the herbs quickly from my garden – yum!
Oven Roasted Herbed Chickpeas
- 15 ounce can chickpeas (used organic)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh Rosemary, diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage leaves, diced
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oven to 350°.
Rinse and drain the chickpeas, add to a mixing bowl. Gently toss with the oil and herbs.
Spread on a small baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until piping hot. I didn’t want them crispy, just creamy and warm.
Let cool a bit and serve.
The salad? Romaine hearts chopped, diced apricots and the beans tossed in a light yogurt based ranch dressing. Light lunch for a hot day!