A quick-lunch for Kirk the other day!
Tropical Chicken Salad
- 12.5 ounce can chicken breast, well-drained
- 20 ounce can pineapple (see below)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise (we used egg free, low cholesterol)
- Rolls or bread if desired
- Cheese and anything else desired for topping
Add the chicken to a large mixing bowl and shred it with a fork.
Drain the pineapple and roll in a couple of paper towels to blot up moisture. Chop finely or better, run through a mini food-chopper until fine. Add the pineapple and coconut to the chicken, toss well.
Mix the curry powder into the mayo, add to the chicken mixture and toss to mix.
I served the salad on cheese kaiser rolls with 2% Swiss cheese.