An easy, quick and tasty pasta salad – the key in affordability is bulk jars of the ingredients – Costco is your friend here! I am of the mindset I always try to have the large jars on hand so I can indulge in the flavors!
I was at the final day of our local farmers market this year and stopped by A Taste of Eden’s booth and came away much poorer in cash but loaded up in amazing tasting dipping oils and balsamic vinegars. Yum to say the least and using the oil in a couscous salad was just the perfect blend!
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- 1 cup couscous
- 1¼ cups water
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 15 ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- ½ cup drained marinated artichokes, finely chopped
- ¼ cup drained marinated sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, drained and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- ¼ cup flavored dipping oil or oil based dressing (I used A Taste of Eden’s Parmesan Garlic)
- Parmesan cheese for topping if desired
Bring the water and salt to a boil in a small saucepan, add in the couscous and stir. Take off the heat and let sit tightly covered for 10 minutes. Fluff up and let chill in the refrigerator covered.
When cold fluff up again and add to a large mixing bowl.
Stir in the artichokes, tomatoes and olives and then the beans. Add the parsley and oil, gently stir to combine. Let refrigerate for a little while (or even overnight) for the flavors to meld.
Top with cheese as desired.