The artichokes are so easy to make and delicious just by themselves! No need to thaw them either, let the oven do all the work for you 😉
Roasted Artichoke Hearts
- 12 ounce bag frozen artichoke hearts (used Trader Joe’s, use whatever size bag)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of ground black pepper and salt
Preheat the oven to 400°. Add the artichokes (frozen is fine) to a half baking sheet, toss with the oil and pepper/salt. Bake for 30 minutes, toss again and put back in for 15 minutes. Toss gently and continue baking for about 15 minutes more. The artichokes will be golden and turning dark in areas.
Garlic Chickpea Pasta
- 13.25 ounce package multigrain angel hair, broken in half
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley (or ¼ cup fresh)
- 4 tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 batch roasted artichokes
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of water to boil, add the angel hair and cook for time on package. Reserve a cup pasta water and drain pasta.
Meanwhile in a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat, add in the seasonings and heat for a minute, toss in the chickpeas and let cook for a couple of minutes. Add the artichokes and turn off the heat, cover tightly.
Add the hot cooked angel hair and toss to combine. Add reserved pasta water as needed to moisten the pasta. Toss with the cheese and add a bit more of the reserved water as needed.
Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired and pass more cheese.
Serves 3 to 4.