A no-cook sauce to pull together while the pasta water boils and the bacon sizzles! Walker loved it, he ate his entire bowl so I can say it is toddler approved!
Creamy Avocado Pasta
- 13.25 multigrain angel hair (or up to 1 lb spaghetti/angel hair)
- 6 slices turkey bacon
- 2 ripe avocados
- 6 Tbsp mayonnaise (used olive oil based/egg yolk free)
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice (1-2 limes
- ½ tsp fresh lime zest
- 1 Tbsp cilantro (used freeze-dried, find in produce department)
- 1 tsp diced garlic (jarred)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
Heat the oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with a metal cooling rack. Place the bacon on it, cook for time on package (mine was 15 minutes). Let cool a bit and then roughly chop, put in a large heat safe mixing bowl.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the pasta (broken in half) and cook for time on package. Drain and toss with the bacon.
Meanwhile half and pit the avocados. Scoop out the flesh and add them to a food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Pulse till smooth, scraping the bowl as needed.
Toss the sauce with the hot pasta and bacon, serve immediately. If eating leftovers do not reheat, eat cold.
Serves 3 to 4.