No biscuits on top (although you could!) but it makes one think of eating a creamy and hearty bowl of pot pie.
Veggie Pot Pie Soup
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 large russet baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 14 ounces white mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ½ tsp dried thyme, crumbled
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups lower sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cups low-fat milk
- 16 ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
Heat a large soup pot over medium heat, add the oil, onion, potatoes, mushrooms and celery, cook until turning tender. Sprinkle on the flour, thyme and pepper, cook for a couple of minutes gently turning often.
Stir in the broth, milk and mixed vegetables, let heat over medium until the soup thickens, stirring often.
Stir in the cheese and taste for seasoning.