An adaption from Quick-Fix Vegan: Healthy, Homestyle Meals in 30 Minutes or Less. I’ll admit mine wasn’t fully began – and I am OK with that. I happen to love a nice sprinkling of Pecorino Romano on top (which I might add the type I use has no animal rennet in it). A delicious and very quick dinner. To be honest I believe the recipe was calling for ‘white beans’ which are small beans, I used Cannellini instead as I had them on hand and didn’t have the time to cook a batch of white beans up. So use what you have. Served with oven roasted carrots!
Spaghetti with White Bean Alfredo
- 13.25 ounces multi-grain spaghetti
- 15 ounce can white kidney beans (cannellini) or 1½ cups cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1¼ cups marinated artichokes, drained
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp Large Flake Yeast
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp parley, fresh or dried
- Pecorino Romano cheese, finely grated, if desired
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil, add spaghetti, cook for time on package. Reserve ½ cup cooking water (I pulled my water when the pasta was about ¾ of the way cooked).
Meanwhile in a high-speed blender, such as a Vitamix, add the beans through pepper plus the cooking water, process on high until smooth. Heat quickly in a small saucepan, stir in the parsley and cheese if desired, to taste.
Toss the cooked spaghetti with the sauce and serve with more cheese on top.