Fall makes one think of soup, sometimes it also makes me think of warming curry dishes….make it mild for the kids or as spicy as you like.
Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp mild curry powder
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk (refrigerated type is fine)
- 1 can potatoes, chopped
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Fine sea salt, to taste
Heat a large skillet over medium-high, add in coconut oil and curry powder, cook for 30 seconds.
Add garlic and ginger, mix in, then toss in cauliflower to coat. Stir in chickpeas, tomatoes (with juices), coconut milk, and potatoes. Simmer partially covered for 25 to 30 minutes, until tender, stirring periodically.
Season to taste.
Serve over hot rice.
This isn’t overly spicy, add heat as desired, and or use more curry powder at the start.