This was a redo of a recipe I did last year and I loved the biscuits much more this time! More flavor and bigger as well. I changed up the veggies and a little more seasoning as well.
Served with a mix of tropical fruits this was a nice veg friendly meal!
- 1 15-ounce can lentils, drained and gently rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped small
- 1 cup celery, chopped small
- 1/2 cup diced carrots (peeled)
- 1/2 tsp diced dried garlic or 2 cloves, diced
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika (mild)
- 1/2 tsp ground yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning blend
- 2 1/2 cups low-fat dairy milk (though plain soy milk would work)
- 1/2 cup ranch or buttermilk dressing
In a large non stick pan (with high sides) heat over medium heat, add in the oil and all of the veggies. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring often, until turning golden.
Add in the flour and cook for a minute, then add in the seasonings, stirring well. Slowly add in the milk and stir till well dissolved. Lower the heat to medium and cook till just bubbling and getting thick. Turn the heat to low and stir in the dressing, then the drained lentils. Heat through gently on low.
Split the biscuits and top with gravy.
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat Heart Smart Bisquick mix
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup low fat dairy milk
Heat your oven to 450°. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
Stir the dry ingredients together and add 1/2 cup milk, stir well. If dry add a bit more as needed till you have a smooth dough. Drop 6 equal portions on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes or until turning golden brown on top.
Makes 6 biscuits, or 3 servings.