I was in a ‘breakfast for dinner’ mood last night so I made up a large batch of B&G and served scrambled eggs alongside it. Quick, tasty and easy!
- 7 sausage patties, lower fat, thawed and chopped up
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 cups lower fat milk
- 1 tsp rubbed dry sage
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- Pinch of dry Thyme, rubbed
- Pinch of dry Marjoram, rubbed
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large non stick skillet over medium heat warm up the oil. Add in the sausage and onion, cook till the onion is translucent. Add the flour in and cook till it is browned (a couple of minutes), stirring often. Add in the herbs and spices, and then slowly add the milk. Let simmer on medium low heat until thickened. Stir often to avoid lumps. Season to taste with black pepper (and salt if desired).
Parmesan Parsley Biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick Heart Smart® baking mix
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp dry parsley
- 1 /2 tsp dried diced garlic
- 1/2 cup lower fat milk
Heat your oven to 450° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, stir in the milk. Divide the dough into 9 small balls on the baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes or until turning golden brown.