Trader Joe’s is carrying a high fiber pasta line now, 16 ounce bags for about $1.33 a bag (out here) that compares nicely to the store brands. The oat flour used adds a whopping 6 grams of fiber per 2 ounce serving and it is also high in protein. And …. it comes in mini penne shape which was perfect for my pasta salad!
Cranberry and Pea Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces small pasta shapes (preferably multi grain)
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup marinated artichoke hearts, finely chopped (drained)
- 2 fresh lemons, juiced (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil mayo
Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the pasta and cook for time on package.
Add the frozen peas to a colander, pour the pasta water over to defrost. Shake the pasta and peas dry and add to a large mixing bowl, toss gently with the cranberries and artichokes.
Whisk the dressing ingredients together, pour over and toss gently.
Refrigerate for a couple of hours, stirring a couple of times.