A big messy skillet of broken lasagna – delicious!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced (jarred is fine)
- 2 14.5 cans petite diced tomatoes (used garlic and olive oil flavor)
- 6 ounce can tomato past + 6 ounce can water
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 15 ounce tub part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella/Parmesan cheese blend
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles, broken in thirds, cooked
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley
Cook the lasagna noodles according to directions and drain.
Meanwhile in a large skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, add the mushrooms and cook until golden. Add in the garlic and cook for another minute. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water and seasonings. Turn down to medium and let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Break up the ricotta cheese, stir in, then add the hot noodles, separating as you add so they don’t clump up. Stir in the cheese and parsley, turn to medium-low and let simmer until the sauce is thick and melty.