I was feeling in the need for a hearty dish the other night and caved in the grocery store, bringing home a package of faux ground beef. I try to avoid processed faux meats, but ya know…sometimes one craves it. Simple and easy, perfect for a rushed kind of day!
Garlicky Beans & Tomatoes with Pasta
- 16 ounces bow-tie pasta, mini size preferably
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 12 ounce package Smart Ground
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes with garlic
- 15 ounce can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and broken up
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil, add pasta and cook for time on package, drain.
Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium. Add oil and onion, sauté until tender. Add in Smart Ground, cook until heated. Stir in tomatoes, beans, and spinach. Cover and let simmer over medium-low until pasta is done. Add pasta and toss to coat.
Serves 6 (or more).