Awhile back I was gifted with a huge box of Arrowhead Mills Gluten-free Baking Mix. Stumped, it sat there for a while, until I got inspiration. I made these for Alistaire, but everyone loved them – so much for having a supply in the frig for his snacks 😉
Gluten-Free & Egg-Free Pizza Muffins
- 2 cups gluten-free baking mix
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning blend
- 2/3 cup milk (used unsweetened coconut milk beverage)
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal + 6 Tbsp cool water
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper, drained and finely chopped
Preheat oven to 375°, liberally oil a non-stick 12 count muffin tin.
In a large mixing bowl whisk together baking mix and Italian seasoning.
Whisk water into flaxseed, let rest for 10 minutes, then whisk until thick. Add to milk, then pour over baking mix, stirring until a dough comes together. Work in cheese and red pepper.
Divide between baking cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly brown. Let rest for 5 minutes, then pop out.
Makes 12 muffins.