I loved the heartiness of these pancakes. The boys were not quite sold on them, due to the tang of the yogurt. I figure more for me! They were made egg free for Alistaire. I have included directions for both vegan, and for those who use dairy.
Oatmeal Yogurt Pancakes
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup plain unsweetened greek yogurt (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 cup milk (dairy or unsweetened non-dairy)
- 4 Tbsp butter or Earth Balance Buttery stick, melted
- 1 Tbsp Ener-G egg replacer + 4 Tbsp warm water (or 2 large eggs)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Preheat a large griddle over 350° or a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together, the yogurt, milk, butter, egg replacer, and vanilla.
Pour over dry ingredients, whisk until just mixed.
Lightly grease the hot griddle with butter, drop about ¼ cup batter. Let cook until bubbles appear on top and bottom is browned, about 3 to 3 gently flip over and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, until golden.
Continue until all batter is used up. Leftovers freeze well. Reheat from frozen in a toaster oven.
Serves 4 to 5.