A 21 Day Fix inspired recipe, which I adapted. Egg-free for allergies, so the calorie count is even lower than the original recipe. As well, this recipe can be gluten-free, if you watch your ingredient labels, and as well can be vegan. They freeze well. Don’t expect a sweet muffin though, they are on the mild side. Which I found great with a little butter or served with a bowl of soup. The strawberries give it a fun taste.
Strawberry Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup plain unsweetened greek yogurt, dairy or non-dairy
- 3 Tbsp raw honey, or maple syrup
- 1 large ripe bananas, chunked
- 1 Tbsp Ener-G egg replacer + ¼ cup warm water, or 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 2 cups strawberries, halved (if frozen, let thaw)
Preheat oven to 350°, line a 12 count muffin tin with premium liners.
Add yogurt, honey, bananas, Ener-G mixture, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a blender, process until smooth, scraping as needed.
Fold in strawberries by hand.
Divide between cups, they will be mostly full.
Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until golden and toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool on the counter for 10 minutes, then pop out and let cool on a rack.
Makes 12 muffins.