These cute little desserts are simple to pull together and taste like you spent a lot more time!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Tarts with Gingersnap Crust
- 2/3 cup crushed ginger snap cookies (about 15 commercial cookies)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Cheesecake filling –
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese (1 package) (do NOT use non-fat)
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (canned is fine)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice or cloves
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
Preheat the oven to 325°. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper or foil liners. In a small bowl mix the ginger snap crumbs with the butter until well coated. Distribute equally between the 12 cups, about 1 Tablespoon each. Gently press down with your fingers to flatten the crust. Bake for 5 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, spices and vanilla together. Add in the eggs and continue beating till well mixed. Spoon into the muffin cups, dividing equally.
Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, you want a mostly solid cake when tested with a toothpick. Let cool and then pop out gently. Let chill in the refrigerator until serving time. Upon cooling they will sink slightly in the center.