Kirk and I had run some errands this morning and I was trying to think of a quick-lunch to feed us. I decide it was a good time to have a “meat” meal (one of the few we have every week) and that why not make a chicken salad? That is easy, quick and can make 3 large sandwiches out of a little meat.
Chicken Carrot Salad Sandwiches
- ½ cup finely grated carrots (about 3 skinny peeled and trimmed)
- ¼ cup finely diced pecans (use a mini chopper)
- ¼ cup low-fat sesame ginger dressing
- 12 to 13 ounce can chicken breast, well-drained
- lower fat mozzarella cheese, grated (about 3 ounces worth)
- 6 slices favorite bread
Mix the carrots, pecans and dressing together, shred the chicken with a fork and toss to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes for the flavors to meld.
Divide between 3 slices of the bread, sprinkle with the cheese, top with the remaining slices of bread/ Push down gently and cut each sandwich in half.