This is a stick-to-you bowl of oatmeal – oatmeal should taste awesome while you cram goodness into it! To easily grind the chia seeds use a clean coffee grinder or spice mill, they will be powdered in a couple seconds.
Chia and Fruit Oatmeal
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup pitted dried prunes (plums)
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and quartered, finely shredded
- 4 ounce tub applesauce, preferably unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, dark preferably and packed
- 2 Tbsp sunflower butter (or peanut butter)
- 1 Tbsp chia seed, finely ground ( http://www.nps.gov/crla/photosmultimedia/webcams.htm )
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Add everything but the chia seed to a heavy medium saucepan, bring to a boil. Turn to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Divide between 2 bowls and top with the chia and a little more sugar, to taste. To eat, stir in the chia.