Delicious….I was inspired this morning to try a new path for our oatmeal!
Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- 2 cups original almond milk
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup pineapple tidbits, well-drained (press on them a bit)
- ¼ cup finely grated carrot (about 1 medium peeled)
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds (if desired)
- 2 Tbsp shredded coconut
Bring the milk, oats, pineapple, carrots, raisins and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan. Turn to medium-low and let cook for 5 minutes.
If using chia seeds stir in. Divide into two bowls and top with the coconut and more brown sugar if desired.