Apple Cherry Oatmeal
- 2 cups original almond milk
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 4 ounce tub unsweetened applesauce
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced (used a Gala)
- ¼ cup dried tart cherries, preferably soft
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds, ground
- ¼ cup raw walnuts, chopped finely
Bring the milk, oats, applesauce, apple, cherries, maple syrup and cinnamon to a boil in a heavy medium saucepan. Turn to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Take off the heat, stir in the chia seeds and most of the walnuts.
Dish up and sprinkle with the remaining walnuts and drizzle a bit more maple syrup on if desired.