Just the title of the recipe makes one wonder if they are heading down to the Hippy Hut for dinner. Don’t worry, these don’t taste all good for you. I blinked and Ford at 4 patties for dinner. Oh to be 13 and be able to eat like that! If he liked them that much, well that says a lot.
I found the recipe on the back of Bob’s Red Mill Hulled Hemp Seeds, the recipe is online as well. I did an adaption, but not too many changes.
Hemp Seed Burgers
- 16 ounce package extra firm tofu, drained
- 1 cup hulled hemp seed
- ¼ cup raw shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed to the white and pale green sections
- 2 Tbsp lower sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 3 cups herb flavored stuffing mix (read package for vegan friendly)
Preheat the oven to 325° and lightly oil a non-stick baking sheet with olive oil.
In a food processor blend everything but the stuffing mix until smooth. Add the stuffing mix to a large mixing bowl, crush down a bit and then add the tofu mixture on top. Mix with your hands until combined.
Make 8 patties (it is pretty sticky) and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, flip over gently and bake for 15 minutes more.
Serve topped on your favorite buns with toppings.
Makes 8 burgers.