A tasty way to use my delicious blueberries from my back yard this morning!
Blueberry Maple Oatmeal
- 2 cups original almond milk
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 4 ounce container unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup (plus more for topping)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries, divided
- ¼ cup pecans, ground or chopped fine
Add the milk, oats, applesauce, maple syrup, cinnamon and ½ cup of the blueberries to a heavy large saucepan. Bring to a boil, turn down to medium-low and let cook for 5 minutes, stirring gently often.
Take off the heat and dish up, top with the nuts divided and then the remaining blueberries. Drizzle on more maple syrup as desired.