An incredibly easy pasta sauce to make, as it simmers get the pasta water boiling and in 30 minutes you will be eating! For the non-vegan crowd a liberal amount of Parmesan cheese will finish out the meal.
Vegan Puttanesca Pasta
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- ½ cup lower sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, chopped small
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained
- 4 tsp granulated garlic (or the equivalent to 4 cloves fresh)
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lb angel hair or spaghetti
Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add in the oil and onion, cook until tender. Add in the red pepper flakes and cook for a minute, stirring often and then add the tomato paste, working it in.
Stir in everything else through oregano and let come to a simmer. Cover tightly, turn to medium-low and let simmer for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the pasta and cook for time on package. Drain well and add to the sauce, tossing well.
Serves 4 to 6, depending on appetite.