Yesterday I had a busy day dealing with production of one of the items I sell on my business website so I wanted an easy lunch to serve my friend Dani and I while we sewed. After breakfast I pulled out my bread machine which hadn’t been getting much love lately (I had made it the “real” way of late and not being lazy) but yeah…I didn’t have time to knead or deal with watching it. 5 minutes later the bread was going and I was able to leave the house for a couple of hours – and come home to fresh bread.
White Whole Wheat Bread
- 1¼ cup + 2 Tbsp water (80°)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp dry milk (dairy, soy or rice)
- 4½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
Add ingredients according to your bread machine directions (mine goes wet to dry, with yeast on top). Set for 2 lb white bread. Once baked, remove and let cool before slicing. Wrap leftovers tightly.
Makes one 2 lb loaf.
Avocado Pea Sandwiches
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed (no-salt added)
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper and sea salt, or to taste
- 4 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
Scoop the avocado out, mash with the remaining ingredients (except for radishes) until somewhat chunky. Spread onto bread, top with radishes.
Makes 2 ultra thick or 4 thinner sandwiches.