This oatmeal is now my favorite baked oatmeal I have made – and we eat a lot of it….it is creamy, rich and satisfying. It was so good I ate it cold for breakfast, I didn’t need it to be warm. Heck, I’d eat it for dessert! I used my homemade nut butter that I had prepped last week. To give an even richer texture I use So Delicious’s unsweetened coconut milk – yum!
I could have done it vegan but didn’t crave doing flaxseed meal, maybe next time!
Nut Butter and Banana Baked Oatmeal
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk (or favorite milk)
- ¼ cup liquid egg substitute or 1 large egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- ½ cup homemade nut butter (or ¼ to ½ cup commercial)
Preheat the oven to 350°, spray an 8×8″ glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk the wet until smooth, add to the dry. Stir until mixed. Scrape into the prepared dish, smooth out. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool a bit and cut into 4 squares. Or serve cold –
yum! (and reheats well!).