More often than not our breakfast oats are vegan, this time I used Greek yogurt which added a creaminess. A worthy addition!
Apple and Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup finely chopped raw pecans
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 6 ounces plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 6 Tbsp cool water
- 2 cups frozen small blueberries
Preheat the oven to 375°, spray an 8×8″ glass baking dish with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl stir the dry ingredients together. Whisk the wet together (milk through water), stir into the dry and add the blueberries. Scrape into the prepared dish, smooth out. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until firm on top and golden brown. Eat warm or chill and reheat later.Serve with maple syrup for drizzling on.
Note – We found the taste was better the second day, after it had chilled.