Dairy-free and silky smooth, deep dark chocolate pudding. And so easy to make you’ll feel the need to lecture anyone who claims a box mix is “easier” (it isn’t and is full of artificial coloring, flavoring and crap that isn’t ‘food’!)
Disclaimer – I buy 10 lb bags of chocolate chips and freeze them in 1 lb bags so that I have chocolate on hand when needed!
Dark Chocolate Pudding
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed (organic preferably)
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch (or favorite thickener)
- 2¼ cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces dark chocolate or semi-sweet chips (about 1¼ cups) (check for vegan on the package)
Add the sugar and cornstarch to a medium heavy saucepan, whisk till smooth. Add the milk and whisk till dissolved, put over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, whisking often, let boil for a minute, stirring constantly. Take off the heat and whisk in the vanilla. Add the chocolate, let sit for a minute, stir till smooth.
Serve warm or chill first.