Released this past winter in January, Fine Cooking Italian: 200 Recipes for Authentic Italian Food, is a lovely cookbook full of inspiration. I will be making more from the cookbook, especially the pizza and dessert sections…..the pasta section is delicious looking as well.
While going through it, I came across a recipe for a bean and pasta salad on page 28 that sounded interesting. I adapted it a bit, adding 3 ounces more pasta to make it heartier and a bit more tuna, although the recipe didn’t specify what size can, most likely it would have been for a 6 ounce can.
Tuscan White Bean Salad (adapted)
- 7 ounces small tube pasta
- 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt and ground black pepper
- 2 4.5-ounce cans tuna packed in olive oil, drained
Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil, add past and cook for time on package, drain. Toss the beans and pasta together in a large mixing bowl.
Meanwhile whisk the onion through pepper together, add to pasta and toss gently to coat. Flake the drained tuna on top and gently fold in. Cover and refrigerate.
Serves 4 to 8, depending on serving size (main dish or side dish).
FTC Disclaimer: We received a copy of the book for potential review.