Mini baked oatmeals, they bake quickly before going to bed and reheat easily. I loved the flavors, the honey adds a subtle floral taste. Creamed honey can be found in most grocery stores in tubs but if you can, buy it locally instead and get it raw. It just tastes better! (And keeps your local bees employed!)
Raisin & Pistachio Baked Oatmeal
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios, chopped finely
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup milk of choice (dairy free or not), unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp creamed honey, preferably raw
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup raisins, soaked in ½ cup boiling water for 10 minutes, drained
Preheat oven to 375 and spray or lightly oil a 6 or 12 count standard muffin tin.
In a large bowl mix the oats, nuts and salt. In a medium mixing bowl whisk the applesauce through vanilla, stir in raisins. Add to the dry and stir to combine.
Evenly divide between 6 of the muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes.
Either serve immediately or chill and reheat at a later time in the microwave, 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds. Top each cake with a teaspoon or so more creamed honey, letting it melt across the top, sprinkle a few whole pistachios on top.
Serves 2 to 3.