An incredibly easy dessert that will get you to blow the dust off your slow cooker!
Upside-Down Chocolate Fudge Pudding Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (white whole wheat flour works well instead)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (used organic)
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter or Earth Balance Buttery Stick, melted
Fudge Sauce -
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups boiling water
Grease the insert of a 3½ to 4 quart slow cooker with additional butter/Buttery Stick.
In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add milk and butter. Stir until a stiff batter forms. Spoon into the prepared slow cooker insert and level the top.
In another bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cocoa and boiling water. Pour slowly over the batter. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2½ hours, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (only go through the cake layer on top to check). Scoop out the cake, divide the fudge sauce over and around, it thickens up as it cools.