Thursday & Friday, June 12 & 13th, the Kindle version of Oats Gone Wild will be free for download on Amazon!
It is 75+ recipes for plant-based oatmeal, half which are stove top and half are baked oatmeal. Baked oatmeal is great for summer. Make a big batch and eat all week – and only heat up your kitchen once. The recipe below is one my favorites from the book, as it makes individual bowls. Easy serving!
Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal (Page 83)
- 1½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp finely sliced honey almonds (see below)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 4-ounce jars stage 2 baby bananas, preferably organic, or ¾ cup mashed ripe bananas
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- ¼ cup raw almond butter
- ¼ cup raw honey, raw agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
Preheat oven to 375° and place 4 oven-safe dishes or ramekins on a baking sheet (or use a muffin tin if you have none). Light oil dishes.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Whisk the wet in a medium bowl, add to dry and stir. Let sit for 5 minutes, then divide between the dishes.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Serve warm or refrigerate for later. Reheat for a minute in the microwave.