A little Dulce de Leche can make any buttercream or white frosting taste amazing. Like way too amazing! The pumpkin bread is vegan-friendly, the frosting is not.
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 Tbsp Ener-G Egg Replacer
- ¼ cup warm water
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 2 Tbsp sunflower or similar oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup Dulce de Leche or caramel sauce
- Course sea salt, to taste
- 1 batch homemade frosting (enough for 12 cupcakes) or 1 tub commercial frosting, in buttercream or white
Preheat oven to 350°, lightly oil a 9×5 non-stick bread pan.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a large bowl, whisk Ener-g into warm water, let sit for 5 minutes. Whisk in brown and granulated sugars. Whisk in milk, oil, vanilla, and pumpkin.
Add flour mixture, whisk until smooth. Scrape into prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 1 hour, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, gently turn out onto a cooling rack. Let cool fully before frosting.
Stir in caramel sauce in frosting. Add salt by tiny pinches, stirring in, and tasting before adding more.
If wanting to use eggs, use two large eggs for the Ener-G and warm water.