Going to Florida renewed me in many ways, and one is I have the cooking desire back. I was in a really bad slump the weeks before we left. Eating out for too many meals leaves me wanting to eat my food happily once I get home! And there is nothing like a bowl of oatmeal to make me feel good about my morning choices. It’s tasty and so good for you.
Baked Blueberry Oatmeal
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 cups unsweetened milk of choice
- 1½ tsp Ener-G Foods Egg Replacer + 2 Tbsp warm water
- 2 Tbsp melted unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
Preheat oven to 350°, lightly oil a 8×8 baking dish.
Mix oats, baking powder, and sea salt together in a small mixing bowl.
Whisk honey through vanilla together, until smooth.
Add oats to liquid, stir until mixed, fold in blueberries gently.
Pour into prepped dish, bake for 35 to 50 minutes, until top is golden and appears set. Remove from oven, let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving, or let cool fully, then cover and refrigrate for breakfast, reheating portions for 1-2 minutes.
35 minutes for fresh blueberries, 50 minutes for frozen berries.
PS: If you love oatmeal, be sure to check out Oats Gone Wild!