A long time ago, before our youngest was born, and his food allergies altered our lives, we often ate similar “ice creams” for dessert. It’s too easy to get away from eating well, and hard to get back on track. However, one can force themselves back into it! And so this dessert came out of wanting to get on track again. Bonus? The boys love it, and it is allergy friendly.
Vegan Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream
- 5 medium bananas, ripe, cut into coins and frozen
- 1 cup dark sweet cherries, pitted, and frozen
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
Add bananas, cherries and vanilla to a food processor bowl. Process on high, until chopped up. Add in milk, process on high until it turns smooth. Pulse in chocolate chips.
Transfer to an ice cream storage container, seal tightly and freeze for a few hours before serving.