It’s been far too long since we were eating baked oatmeal for breakfast. I’ve missed it! The key is making it in the afternoon or evening, when I have time. We are currently remodeling our kitchen so this has led to me not feeling overly inspired. But, I can force myself to enjoy cooking, even if it is a bit more complicated to do it all (nothing like weaving in and out of piles of boxes…..)
Banana Baked Oatmeal
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup raisins
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup raw honey
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350°, lightly oil a 9×13″ baking pan with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oats through baking powder.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk the milk, eggs, honey, banana, and vanilla together, pour it over the oats.
- Mix till well combined and pour into the prepared baking dish. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Eat warm, or let cool and stash tightly covered in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes on high, or enjoy cold as well.