With Alistaire’s food allergies I have been working on more gluten-free items for him, that I can tuck away in the freezer for lunches.
Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1¼ cups gluten-free oat flour*
- ½ cups gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ to 1 cup chocolate chips, allergen safe
Preheat oven to 350°, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small mixing bowl, stir together oat flour, oats, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a marge mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, sugar, honey and vanilla. Beat in the eggs till smooth.
Add dry to wet, stir till combined. Let sit for 5 minutes, then scoop out 2 Tablespoon balls, flattening each one.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden. Don’t over bake, they make look a little underdone on top, but set up upon cooling.
Let cool before storing in an airtight glass container.
Makes 12 cookies.
* To make oat flour, process 1½ cups rolled oats into a flour, using a high-speed blender dry container, or in a food processor.