Not a vegan recipe this time! I was trying out a concept so went for full octane. Delicious to say the least but not something I would make often (sugar high!)
Fudgy Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs or ½ cup liquid egg substitute
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and coat an 8×8″ glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a wide heavy saucepan melt the butter over low heat, add in the first cup of chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Take off the heat and mix in the sugar and vanilla, stirring until fully dissolved. Stir in the eggs.
- Add in the flour, beating it into the batter for a full minute, until the batter is smooth and glossy.
- Stir in the cherries and remaining chocolate chips, scrape into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Test with a toothpick for mostly clean (not runny with batter) in the center.
- Let cool on the counter and if desired refrigerate.