For dinner (and lunch today!) I made a quick pasta dinner using part of the slow cooked chickpeas I made over the weekend. Did I mention quick? That it was and very filling as well!
Chickpeas and Tomato Pasta
- 1 lb mini farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp roasted garlic (jarred)
- ½ cup marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1 ¾ cups garbanzo beans (chickpeas) (1 15-ounce can rinsed and drained)
- 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- ½ cup light balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Parmesan cheese (the jarred variety works best instead of freshly grated in this recipe)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook the pasta for 7 minutes (or as indicated on package) and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil over medium and sauté the onion until tender, add the garlic and cook for a minute, then add the artichokes and cook for another minute.
- Add in the chickpeas, tomatoes and dressing and let simmer till warm over medium-low.
- Toss the hot pasta with about ¼ cup cheese and then the sauce. Add another ¼ cup cheese and continue to toss, until coated.
Serves 4 to 6.